A thirty-acre farm in Sparkill, New York is purchased, remodeled, and named St. Agnes Convent and Home. A cottage childcare system is introduced with a program of education focused on practical knowledge and a variety of skills that would prepare the children for life. The home expands to eleven buildings and over 300 boys live there. The girls continue to live at Holy Rosary Convent in New York City.
1884 – A move to a new home in Sparkill, NY