Where action meets compassion, lives change.
One of the most valued expressions of compassion is service to others. We encourage you to join our community of friends by volunteering your time, skills, and resources. Our community seeks to be “Compassion in Action” – won’t you join us?
Examples of talents to share at Dominican Convent
- Visiting with the Sisters
- Assisting with wheelchair transport to events and activities
- Assisting the Sisters with technology
- Playing or leading a game virtually or in person
- Leading or assisting with craft projects
- Sharing a creative talent
- Entertaining by singing or playing a musical instrument
- Giving a talk or presentation
- Certified Pet Therapy
Benefits of volunteer work
- Meet new friends
- Expand your network
- Enhance your well being
- Teach your children the value of giving back
- Learn new skills
"My Golden Retriever, Shana, and I love coming to visit with the Sisters and seeing their faces light up when we come. Shana loves it so much she directed my friend, who was walking her, right to the front door of the Convent because she expected to go visiting."
-Karen Frustaci, Pet Therapy provider
“I love volunteering because I see the joy on the Sisters’ faces!”
- Jill Shields, Associate Volunteer
How to Volunteer at Dominican Convent
Please start by completing and submitting the form below. Once received, a member of our staff will contact you and request that you complete an application. Upon review and acceptance, you will be invited to join us for a brief orientation. From there, you will be welcomed to join us in the spirit of everything we represent and care about. If you have never spent a day with a Sister … then you’re in for a real treat! Have fun and thank you for your interest.
For questions, please contact Denise Rieser, Life Enrichment Coordinator, at 845-359-2112.