1890 – The early days of educational ministry
Education of children becomes a focus of ministry for the Sisters as pastors are eager for teachers in their parish schools. The first of these schools is St. John School in Piermont, NY (1890), followed by St. Ann School in Nyack (1897). In 1900, the Sisters open St. Martin Academy in the Bronx in 1900 and St. Catherine of Siena School in New York City in 1906. As the need grows, the movement to educational ministry continues so that, by 1924, the principal ministry of the Sisters is education.