On April 7, 2001, the Sisters went in procession from the former recreation room in Dominican Convent which had functioned as a chapel for 31 years, to the newly-completed Our Lady of the Rosary Chapel. As the sisters entered the Chapel, they were delighted by the unexpected greetings they received. The balcony was filled with smiling senior sisters from Siena Hall Infirmary, waving, clapping, many near tears as they welcomed the incoming procession. It was the first time since the creation of a separate Infirmary (1936) that all the Sisters could be together in one sacred space to join their voices in thanksgiving to God. Everyone stood and sang “Queen of the Holy Rosary,” the unofficial “anthem” of the Dominicans of Sparkill. On September 10, 2001, Our Lady of the Rosary Chapel is dedicated by Cardinal Edward Egan.
2001 – Dedication of Our Lady of the Rosary Chapel, Sparkill, NY