Custom Categories: 1931-1960

1957 – Albertus Magnus High School, Bardonia, NY

The congregation responds to a request from Cardinal Spellman to build and staff a Catholic high school in Rockland County. Albertus Magnus High School begins its long history of providing excellence in secondary education as a premier college preparatory school.

1947 – Villa St. Dominic in Glasco, NY

Villa St. Dominic in Glasco, NY, opens as a guest house for lay and religious women. It expands its ministry to offer a yearlong renewal program (Corazón) for women religious from 1983 to 2015. 

1946 – Cardinal McCloskey Home and School, White Plains, NY

Cardinal McCloskey Home and School opens in White Plains, NY, staffed by 25 Sisters from Sparkill. Over the years, it has evolved to become Cardinal McCloskey Community Services, a social service agency providing services to the children in our foster care programs, preschool education to children from low-income families, and helping developmentally disabled adults lead …

1946 – Cardinal McCloskey Home and School, White Plains, NY Read More »

1943 – Siena Hall, Wilmington, DE

The Sisters’ ministries expand to the state of Delaware with the opening of Siena Hall, a home for boys in Wilmington. This ministry continues until 1964.

1936 – St. Agnes Novitiate and Rosary Villa

A new St. Agnes Novitiate is built in Sparkill, alongside the new Rosary Villa which will serve as a home for Sisters in declining health or needing rest as they recuperate from illness or surgery.

Scroll to Top